Vaginoplasty Procedure in Greenwood, MS
Due to the effects of aging, childbirth and gravity, the vagina can gradually lose its natural tightness and appearance. Because of this, many women seek out vaginoplasty, also known as vaginal rejuvenation surgery. In some cases, vaginoplasty is a reconstructive surgery; in others it is purely a cosmetic choice.
Request more information about vaginal rejuvenation surgery today: call (769) 241-3447 or contact Jackie Williams online.
What is Vaginoplasty?
A vaginoplasty refers to any cosmetic or reconstructive surgery performed on the vagina. This is also known as vaginal plastic surgery. There are many different reasons a vaginoplasty may be performed. These include:
- Sagging vaginal skin
- Loss of sexual sensitivity
- G-spot amplification
- Changes after childbirth
- Reduced confidence from vaginal appearance
- To restore the hymen
- Treatment for urinary incontinence
There are many different types of vaginoplasty, named differently to refer to the parts of the vagina they reconstruct or the specific method used. One of the most common types of vaginoplasty is the labiaplasty procedure, in which the labia major or labia minor is altered through surgery.
Some patients choose to receive a labiaplasty while receiving an overall vaginal rejuvenation procedure, but the two can be performed separately as well.
How Does Vaginoplasty Work?
The exact method of surgery will depend on which type of vaginoplasty is performed. In general, most forms of vaginal rejuvenation surgery involve taking tissue from one area of the body and using it to restore the vaginal canal.
Some of the most common types of vaginal reconstructive surgery include:
- Balloon vaginoplasty: This type of vaginal reconstructive surgery is performed laparoscopically, meaning only a single small incision is used. After the incision is made, a small balloon-like pouch is inserted; this pouch gradually stretches and contracts the vaginal tissue.
- Oral mucosa vaginoplasty: This type of vaginoplasty is named after where the tissue is withdrawn; from the mucous tissues within the mouth. This oral tissue is then applied to the vaginal area and manually tightened.
- Labia minora flap surgery: In this variety, the labia minora flap is sutured together to create a "new" vagina. This is typically done in conjunction with a labiaplasty and cervical dilation in order to create a vagina of adequate size.
- Colovaginoplasty: A more invasive form of vaginoplasty, the procedure is typically only used for women who cannot receive a less invasive method for medical reasons. Here, the transplanted tissue comes from the colon.
Ultimately, there is no one best type of vaginoplasty. The only way to determine the right procedure for your needs is to work closely with a medical provider.
Recovery times for vaginoplasty procedures are typically extensive. Most women can expect to miss about a week of work due to recovery time and bed-rest. For a period of about 24 days after the surgery, it's important to avoid strenuous exercise. Most women can return to sexual activity about two months after surgery, with healing typically completed around 13 weeks.
Failure to adhere to a surgeon's recovery recommendations could lead to permanent damage, failed surgery and injury.
Request More Information Today
Vaginoplasty has been used to help thousands of women regain confidence in their vaginal appearance and enjoy increased sexual activity. Request treatment information now: call (769) 241-3447 or contact Jackie Williams online.
Innovative Health LLC
Address111 Fountains Blvd
Madison, MS 39110
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm